Monday 15 March 2010

The right tool for the job.

I've taken yoga classes and practicing at home for the at leastfour years. Most of the classes I attended were fast paced Ashtanga based with lots of flow. I introduced yoga practice at home with YRG. I then progressed to some more traditional yoga types.

What all of these have in common is an emphasis on yoga as a fast flowing workout. Yet my weakness has always been flexibility, especially in the hips. My strength and conditioning having always outstripped my flexibility. Inspired by the the article from 3/3 on this site I'm going to emphasize a yoga practice that focuses on flexibility and relaxation. I'll let the kettlebells and running take care of my conditioning.

I've awaiting the delivery of a Power Yoga for Every Body DVD and I intend to make this the basic of my practise. Combined with the Intu Flow and some regular SMR and trigger pointing I'll hopefully alleviate some of the pains and aches that currently annoy me.

No comments: