Saturday 8 November 2008

Saturday 08:45 Welsh Open

Poules Won 3, lost 1.
Seeded 35

DE128 lost 14-15

I fenced well in the poules. My movement was good, I was relaxed (always and issue) and my point was on. I lost one bout. I tried to match my opponents pace instead of setting my own. I dropped the first few hits He was a counterattacker and this suited his game plan.

My first DE looked easy on paper. I messed around at the start playing with different hits. Suddenly I found my self 5-10 down. I switched up and brought it to 14-13 and then the nightmare began.

The next point should have been my attack. The referee, called it initially no and gave the point to the other side. 14 all. I can only believe he was mainly a sabre ref and he kept saying the attack was over when my front foot landed. Wrong weapon buddy.

The next attack was also mine, but my point glanced off with no light. I had just lost. I was seriously upset with myself. I should have easily dispatched my opponent. Looking at the tableau it was an easy run o at least the 32. Maybe my poor mindset was a result of little competition experience this season.

No comments: