Thursday 2 February 2012

Fencing practice

17:45 Fencing.

Warmup

Footwork

Bouts:

1. C. 15-11
2. A. 7-5*
3. B. 15-5
4. A. 10-15

Stretch: Wall splits, chest.
Rehab: SI

A busy club and weapon problems made for a slow night. I was also being extra careful with my shoulder. Bout 2 I had to abandon after one foil snapped a wire at the socket and the other broke.

Overall I fenced well. I focused on controlling distance using beats and aggressive footwork to gain ground and the PIL and false CA to break up attacks. I need to work on breaking off actions where I am not in control. I also need to be careful with opponents who camp out at the end of the piste. I need to draw them out rather than try and finish them or rather a  mix of the two.

My shoulder held out fairly well. In fact it may have helped my fencing by making me fence a less physical game. Continuing to ice it.

No comments: