Tuesday 20 December 2011

Fencing practice

1:15 Fencing

Warmup

Footwork

Lungepad

Bouts:

1. B. 8-15
2. C. 15-8
3. C. 15-10
4. C. 15 -11
5. C. 15-8
6. A. 9-15
7. A. 13-15

Stretch: Wall splits, low lunge, calves.

Fencer 5. liked to let me parry and leave hi arm out for a remise. Most of the time I got the reposte but occasionally he long armed me. I tried something I hadn't done in years envelopment and transports. Worked a treat, but you need and extended arm and weak arm so not something to try against a better fencer.

Bout 1. was a slow start for me. I arrived late so my warmup was  a little rushed and it took me a while to get my head in the game. Bout  I was holding scores steady when I focused on the setup but I started to rush and focus on the final action which left me open. Bout 7 I just needed a little bit more confidence at the end and more patience in the middle but generally fenced well.

No comments: