Saturday 26 October 2013

Leon Paul Open

08:30 Leon Paul Fencing Centre

Won my poule. Bye in the 96 and won 64 DE easily. I probably got the best draw I could have for the round of 32. Unfortunately I didn't have a good plan. My opponent like to attack with a slow advance. My attempts to counter attack failed. Compound attacks in prep did work but I started doing them too late. I should have focused on attacking as his defensive skills weren't particular good. My mistake was trying to solve teh problem technically rather than tactically.

The otehr issue I had was weapon problems. A lot of failed weapons,. I probably need better weapon mainteance and probably more foils.

Overall though lots of positive. I warmed up and prepared well. I fenced well in poules and up to the last DE, had a plan and executed it.

No comments: