Monday 10 August 2009

19:15 Home

Yoga 45 minutes.

My current yoga practice is a mixture of Yoga for Regular Guys, Anthony Yee's Yoga for Athletes and Scott Sonnon's Intu-Flow. YRG kick started me doing yoga again. It had been some time since I stopped the weekly Vinyasa class. YRG provided the basic framework but I've since replaced a lot of their modified stances with the more traditional yoga one.

YRG is really about getting a good sweaty workout while Yee is more focused on stretching and alignment. The two compliment each other and I'll focus more on one or the other depending on my energy levels.

I'm using the basic free pdf from Intu-Flow with the 8 minute warmup. I use this a the start of some practices and use elements of it in my warmup for my gym workouts. It really seems to be helping my hip pain.

I'd really like to do a regular class again and when my family are away in October I may take a month's membership in a yoga studio.

No comments: