Wednesday 12 August 2009

18:30 Fencing

Warmup.

1. 5 -4
2. 4-5
3. 4-5
4. 5-4
5. 5-3
6. 4-5
7. 7 -15
8. 5-2
9. 5-3
10. 5- 3

Stretch

I struggled on the 15. Ran out of juice half way though. A tough day at work and little food will do that I suppose.

For a lot of the attacks I new which line to parry in, but because I wasn't controlling the distance I ended up doing panicky counter attacks instead. I need to think feet more than hands.

It was also interesting to see the ebb and flows of tactics. Last week my press, relax attack in prep worked well. This week my opponent figured it out and used countertime to score. Then it became a competition of setting up the distance and second guessing.

I also need to work the back of the piste. Lots of people become uncomfortable when the distance suddenly become static. It limits the choice that are available and is advantageous for a less technical fencer like my self.

Flicks continue to improve. I'm landing the majority of attacks or else using them to set up remise. Repostes are also coming along. Like anything I need to be careful to not to get carried away with using them.

No comments: