Thursday 6 October 2016

Fencing Practice

18:50 Fencing

Warmup

Footwork

Lesson

Bouts

1. A. 4-15
2. B. 14-15
3. B. 0-10

Really not happy with fencing. I didn't manage to impose myself at all in the first and last bout. In the first bout my opponent was totally comfortable coming forward. He knew that I would CA, so he could finish his attack. My attack was no threat. I used the line in the latter part of the bout, which helped me gain initiative but I really need to disrupt his attack more and have more confidence in my actions

Second bout I controlled the bout a little better but made a lot of simple attacks out of distance leaving me open to a simple riposte. I need to work more on the setup, but seemed short of idea.

Third bout I had no idea. My attacks were short and I couldn't disrupt his advances. I need to work harder at getting in closer and being more of a threat. I most score on AIP, and CA and the occasional unexpected fast attack. At the moment I'm relying too much on the slow march and the lazy first intention CA.

No comments: