Friday 10 September 2010

ROP. A review.

I followed Right of Passage routine for the Summer months. I think it's an excellent off-season program for someone like me with minimal  equipmenet.  My thoughts.
  • Very good for conditioning.
  • Has a nice "bodybuilding" side effect due to the high volume.
  • Excellent for drilling technique again due to high reps.
  • Tough on the shoulders. My old injuries didn't like the volume of pressing and pulling.
  • No real benefit from from the pullups other than the ability to do lots of pullups.
  • Time consuming as the ladders build.
I would follow the ROP again but with these changes.
  • Make the light and medium days shorter. Leaver Saturday as the heavier day when I've more time.
  • Reduce pullups to one weighted set at the end of each ladder.
This should retain the conditioning benefits while reducing total time and get some better strength results from the pulups.

No comments: