Thursday 9 September 2010

18:00 Fencing

Warm up

Bouts.

1. (B) 14-15
2. (c) 12-15
3. (A) 15-11
4. (C) 15-9
5. (A) 15-5

It had only been a week since I last fenced but it was the week of the family staycation. Fun was had by all but I didn't feel fighting fit. The first two bouts I should have won but it took me that long to get my self prepared mentally. I was very happy with how I fenced the later bouts. I controlled the distance well. Fencer 3 has a good hand, patience and smooth footwork. I kept him under constant pressure and limited his opportunities to attack.Fencer 5 has a very strong attack often ending with a flick to the shoulder, he also has a good CA game. I kept distance close and stepped in as he started his attack. I pushed him to the end of the piste and controlled his blade to limit opportunities for CA.

No comments: