Monday 13 July 2015

Fencing Practice

19:00 Fencing

Warm up

Footwork

Bouts

1. B, 6-15
2. C. 15-5
3. C. 15-6
4. C. 5-3
5. B. 14-15

Lots of warm up touches as well. In bout 1 my opponent used fast attacks to set up ducking remises Against my long attacks he used a long arm stop hit. My shorter attacks were executed at the wrong distance so he could often CA. My foil tip was a little sticky and he wore a chest protector so some of my touches didn't register.

When I fenced him the second time I used the line to break up his attack and take over. I was patient and set up again as needed. I angulated attacks to his back which worked reasonably well. I was prepared for his remises either with a counter parry or by taking the low line target away.I also use feints to gain time for direct attacks or parries. I lost because I ran out of steam.

No comments: