Monday 12 October 2020

Everyday training

For the last two or three years, I've started the day by doing 20 pushups, maybe a plank and a few stretches.  This was inspired by James Bond's fitness routine in From Russia, With Love.  

I decided it was time to change things up, while keeping to the same general theme: a morning routine, that took little time, space or equipment. Reading the article above I discovered 5BX, based on a Canadian Airforce fitness routine form the 50's.

I started last week and my son joined in this morning. As instructed I started with chart 1 and at this stage the exercises are very, very easy.  I'm progressing one level per day, which is faster than recommended, but I have a good base level of fitness.


I'm interested to see how I get on and how long my son keeps me company. 

No comments: